Thursday, April 2, 2009

Past weekends games

This last weekend both Katy and I played against Knox, the rival of our club, Kilsyth. Again I was able to see the first half of Katy's game but had to get ready for my game during the second half of it. The first quarter went pretty well for them. I was happy to see it as Katy had said that the Knox girls were undefeated and had been beating teams by 15 or 20 points. The second quarter however was a little different story. It seemed as though Knox got some easy baskets while Katy's team had to work to get all of their points. At one point in the second quarter they were down by about 10 or 12. I had to run into our locker room and get something, when I came back out they were down by 18 or 20. I think at the end of game they ended up losing by about 20 or so. From what I saw I thought Katy played pretty well. She worked very hard like she always does and for some reason always seems to end up on the floor like she did in college...I think it just the hustle and hard work.
For our game it wasn't much better. We had trouble running our offence a little bit, where we just seemed to stand around instead of moving and cutting. Hopefully we will be able to work that out for next week. We were the game for most of it but towards the end they seemed to pull away and we just couldn't get it back. For me personally the game wasn't that good. I think it was actually the worst game I've played in a while so I am hoping to really turn it around this weekend. This coming weekend we both teams from Tasmania. We play Hobart and the girls play Launceston. The girls, this weekend, will be unveiling their championship banner form last year so hopefully there will be quite a few people there for this game. It would be nice to have a big crown and get them into the game.
This week we had new basketball backboards and rims put on, a little bit tighter than the others, but it would be nice to break the new hoops in with a win.
Our game this weekend is on Sunday afternoon instead of Saturday night. Check back at the end of the weekend to see how we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment