Monday, November 8, 2010

Last Monday

Last Monday we had a game against Traiskirchen at home.
It was an extremley exciting game and come down to the very end where we hit a game winning shot at the buzzer. It was also a tv game. Since the shot was so close to the end of the game the refs reviewed the shot on replay and saw that our big guy had gotten the shot off with .2 or .3 seconds left. It was a fantastic win for us especially as we were down by 20 points at one time. for the game we shot 29% from 2 and we shot 82% from 3. We had a lot of 3's especially in the 4th quarter and thats how we were able to come back and win.
For me, I didnt have as much luck personally as we had as a team. In one play I went up and grabbed a rebound.
When I had the ball in my hands and was coming down a guy on the other team grabbed my arm and pulled me down. With all of my weight coming down and his weight pulling me down my knee couldnt bear the weight when I came down (must have been at a strange angle) and my knee buckled inward. It was pain right away and I was pretty sure something was wrong as I heard a big pop. The doc looked at it and said he thought maybe it was the ligament and the MRI on Tuesday showed I had torn my ACL. And surgery was scheduled for Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment