Saturday, March 23, 2013

Instruction sheet revisited

If you read the post  Lets Make a Deal - Japanese Style you noticed an instruction sheet that I included as one of the pictures, I just thought I needed to point out one of the instructions, just in case you may have missed it.

Normally when you come across a sign that tells you not to do something it is referring to a pretty common behavior. For example you may see this sign:

This sign is telling people not to smoke as smoking is a fairly common thing for many people and without the sign people would continue to smoke in that place.
This is also true for parking:
 
Without this sign people would continue about normally and park in this location as driving a car and parking are normal behaviors.
This also holds true for other normal behaviors that aren't allowed at certain times like, no flash photography, no food or drink, no skateboards, no diving, etc...

With keeping that in mind, that there needs to be signs to help people refrain from certain behaviors that otherwise would be normal, lets take a look back at the instruction sheet for how to use a Western style toilet.
Please direct your attention to the lower right hand box:

Um.........?
Yes, please refrain from getting into a 4 point poochie pose and relieving yourself like Fido would. Thank you.

If I ever were to walk into a bathroom and see something that resembled this I think I don't think I would be able to go anywhere for the next 5 minutes. I would be rolling around on the ground, like something got me, as my stomach would be cramping from laughing so hard.

Actually....now that I think about it I understand why this is on the instruction sheet. The guy obviously forgot to lower his trousers as the sign doesn't say anything about that and is going to wet them. Good thing this saved him and he can continue on and go back to business as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment