Monday, September 5, 2011

1st game (pre-season)

This weekend we had our first pre-season game and for me it was the first game I have played in roughly 10 months. I have to say it was great to be able to get back on the floor and go up and down against another team. My knee did fairly well and I really didnt think about it much, maybe a time or two, but hardly at all. I put in a lot of work over the summer and it is nice to see that it is paying off. I still have a little ways to go, but it felt pretty good and worked just like it should. We had our second game on Sunday but I didnt play. My knee swelled up some after the game on Saturday night and was a little sore. Since it is just pre-season we thought it would be best to give it a rest and make sure something didnt happen to it (as a lot of injuries occur during fatigue). It was hard to watch and not play but I know it doesnt count until October so I think it was the best thing for me. Plus, we have 8 more preseason games in the next 2.5 weeks so I am sure I will have other games to get more reps. Our next games are on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. So check back soon to see how we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment