Saturday, September 12, 2009

3rd Week in Giessen-part1

Well the third week here in Giessen has been another busy one. Early this week I moved out of the Hotel, Hotel Ludwigplatz, that I was staying at and into my apartment. I am very happy to be in our new apartment, but I do miss the free breakfast in the morning.

Our apartment isn’t the biggest thing in the world but it will definiltey work. We have two rooms. One is our bedroom and the other is our living room. Then off to one side we have a small kitchen and to the other side a small bathroom. When I first got to the apartment building I was told that there was laundry in the basement, it costs 1 euro to work it. So I went to the basement as I had dirty clothes from living in the hotel (where they would do my laundry once every 4 or 5 days). Well I went to he basement and couldn’t find it. Frustrating, especially as I needed my clothes washed. So, I got out the soap and washed some of them in the sink. After a day or two of doing this it gets pretty old pretty fast. Needless to say I found the wash machine so things are better now.

From our apartment it is only 10 or 15 minutes to where we train (both gyms), so not bad at all. And about 10 minutes away from the place where we get lunch every day.

Another thing that stinks about moving out of the hotel is that I don’t have access to internet now. One of the my teamates gave a USB Vodafone stick that connects to the internet through a cell phone signal, but it is not fast at all. So basically, if I want interent I have to take my computer over to basketball training at night where there is free interent. We have the interent service ordered but I guess it takes 4-6 weeks to have it installed here. Crazy if you ask me, but oh well what do you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment