Saturday, January 4, 2014

Typical Food #4

Another very popular thing that you will see here is: curry. It is a little bit different than Indian food curry and I would say it has a taste all to its own.
Here there is a restaurant whose main dish is just this:

CURRY HOUSE CoCo ICHIBANYA

It is called Curry House CoCo Ichiban. The main dishes here are obviously based around curry and rice. When you get your meal though, it isnt a bowl or dish or rice with curry on the top of it. You get a plate. Part of the plate is cover with rice and the other part is covered with curry. You can also get meat or other things with your rice and curry.

Even though this places specializes in this, it isnt the only place you can get curry. I would venture to say that pretty much any chain restaurant in Japan would have a curry and rice dish on the menu. One of the restaurants that we ate at in the beginning of the year had an all you can eat soup and salad bar and part of that was rice and curry.
Last year when we would stay at hotels and eat team dinners, there would always be a pot of curry next to the rice if you wanted some.
To be honest I think there were even some times that it would be served at the buffet breakfasts in the hotels as well. I do like the curry, but for breakfast?....I think I'll stick to my eggs.
If you ever get to Japan though, along with the 3 other typical foods, I would give this one a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment