Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year


Happy New Year to everyone. Its been a while since I have written on here - nice work self. Wait, we have a blog?
With 2 kids and work I havent been that good at keeping up at this. Yes, I know there are probably some out there with 9 kids who can post to their blog and keep it going, but I am not one of those super talented, multi-tasking, can post to the internet while soothing a crying baby and playing with a toddler at one time, run-on sentence writing individuals. I tend to relax a little when the kids go to bed and sometimes forget to do this.
But it is the year of the horse now in Japan (I still haven't quite figured out what this means) so why not try to get up to date.
 

I did find this article about the year of horse - sort of grim I would say: Year of the Horse 2014, but I still dont really understand what it means.

Here is a paragraph from this article:
 ...With such elements, I cannot expect 2014 will be a peaceful year. The stubborn character of yang wood represents uncompromising attitude and makes it harder to reach agreement between conflicting interests. As such, there will be more international conflicts and struggles coming up even may lead to fierce fighting and battles. The horse is the month of June in Western calendar, which is peak of summer, the fire energy is very powerful. Hidden inside the horse is yin fire element which is candle fire . Such fire is flickering, emotional and unstable. There are many examples of yin fire bringing explosions and fire disasters. The 911 terrorist attack in 2001 happened on a yin fire day and yin fire month, the killing of Osama Bin Laden in 2011 also happened on a yin fire day, and the first atomic bomb was dropped in Hiroshima in character, and the powerful fire horse, there is reason to deduce that 2014 will have more international conflicts and clashes and will not be a peaceful year.


My first thought when I found out it was the year of the horse was that maybe we should go to a horse race and we might be able to win an extra buck or two.
Or, maybe, we should just wait for the year of the lottery or the year of the powerball and then start investing money.
Whatever you decide to do or however you start 2014 I hope your January is going well and wish you all the best for the new year.
Thanks for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment