Thursday, January 23, 2014

Bananas

This year one of our sponsors donates a box of bananas for the team each week. Pretty nice as we are able to have a banana after practice or take some home for a great snack. If the sponsor happens to read this: arrigato gozaimasu (or for you english and german speaking people - Thanks a lot / Danke sehr).
This week though our bananas were a little different. This week we got the super premium bananas.
Here if you go to the store, there isnt a big section that has bananas in it like back home where they are $.50 a pound (or whatever they are). Here the bananas come in bags. You usually get 4 or 5 bananas to a bag and they range in price from about $1 on sale up to $4 or $5. The ones we got this week we on the high end of the spectrum.

 
How does a super premium banana taste you ask? It tastes like a regular banana, if the regular banana tasted like a Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner all mixed together in one. As soon as I took a bite of the banana I rose off the ground a little bit (much like what happens when you eat a mangosteen - only on a much smaller level), unicorns started prancing around and leprechauns handed out gold coins. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better I ate a little more of the banana and a genie appeared and said he would grant me one wish - I of course couldn't think of anything better than to ask for another super duper premium deluxe banana, which I am currently staring at sitting on my kitchen table. Not quite sure if I am ready to eat this one as the girls are now sleeping and fireworks might go off in our apartment. So I think I will wait until morning. You might want to check CNN later as the story of what happens will probably be a big deal.


Ok you got me, maybe this was a stretch - this didn't really happen............or did it?

Anyway, I am not really a connoisseur of bananas, much like I don't know that much about wine, and couldn't really distinguish it from a regular banana. Maybe if I ate both of them side by side I could tell a difference, but I haven't had the chance. All I know is I like bananas and regardless of the deluxe-ness of them, will keep them around as a healthy snack for my and the fam.
Bon appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment