Thursday, October 2, 2014

Park golf

The same day I was out and happened to see the hummer bike (previous post) I also saw something else I'd never really seen before. I never saw it last year in Kyoto and only once or twice when we were in Chiba 2 years ago. I was in a sports store and walked past something that looked like a golf putter but with a really big head on it. Interested, I stopped to see what itwas.

I guess out here they have something called park golf. I guess you could say it is like mini golf out on grass/a small course. Or maybe you could call it a cross between mini golf and croquet. I thought it sounded like fun and wanted to see how much the "putter" would cost. If you look at the picture you might be able to see the price- it means $1500. (Or about $1458 give or take) I thought maybe it was typo but the one next to it and the one next that one was the same price. $1500? I could buy a car for that much and drive the ball to where it needs to go and set it in the hole. 

There were some clubs, or whatever the correct terminology would be, that were cheaper but I could buy a whole set of real golf clubs, and nice ones for that much. Maybe there's more to this club though. Maybe it can cook you food while you're out for your round of park golf or maybe let you take a ride on a rainbow, I don't know. But , for $1500 there must be something special!!!

Oh, and the balls are about the size of a tennis ball, but hard.  $23 for those suckers.
P.s. If someone would like to take me, I love to go try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment