Friday, October 4, 2013

Kick off party

Last night we had the tip off party for our season (it was the last part of a very busy day for us - see post below). It was held at the ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel in Kyoto. It was a fun night where we had a chance to sit, eat and talk with the sponsors that help make this possible for us.
 
The food (of course I am going to talk about the food) at the event was delicious and we had a 6 course meal. When I got the menu and saw 7 things on it (one was coffee so I am not counting that as a course) I got excited. I like to eat, and because I am not average size, need to eat more than the average person. So, when I saw 7 things on the menu I thought I was set. (Of course I couldn't read what it said as it was in Japanese but my counting to seven skills are amazing).
When we got the first meal though, I understood this isnt quite the cooking I am used to - not the hearty portions of everything, like we cook. The first plate of food came and it was tuna - I think Ahi tuna. I had two pieces of tuna the size of quarters, on a bed of couscous, with some glaze drizzled on the side. It was definitely something you would see on a cooking show - fancy. My hungry belly wasn't quite sure what to think but even though it was small it was really good! Each part of the meal was like that - small but good. We had the tuna, soup, champagne sorbet, a fish plate, steak and foie gras, and a champagne slurry. It was great and my belly smiled when I managed to snag an extra piece of steak or 2 :)
The event was a fun night, but now that its finished it means that it is getting close to the first game. Most of the teams play this weekend, but we are off and have our first game next weekend. Its exciting that it is time for another season and I am looking forward to the start. Only 8 more days and we will be ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment