Wednesday, December 1, 2010

2 points

This weekend we had a game against Oberwart and lost by 2 points. I think, even though I havent seen a couple games, that this was the best we have played -as a team- in a couple weeks. If you looked at the stat sheet after the game you would have thought we won. We had better numbers in many of the categories with few turnovers and the most assists we have had all season. At the end of the game it was tied and the other team took a shot with a couple seconds left to go. The guy missed the shot but a ref called a foul at the end.
There were 2 or 3 of our guys around the shooter when he shot, but I had a clear view of the release and there was no foul. After the foul the crowd was screaming at him and he made a motion with his hands to show that their player was fouled on the shot, that his hand was hit. Maybe if he would have said the foul was on the body I wouldnt be able to say anything, but I saw the release...and no foul. The ref was also down on a knee watching the play and called the foul from his knees.....????? Anyway this is not the first time this has happened to us and I dont understand why refs insist on calling fouls and deciding games. Dont get me wrong, if it is a definite foul than it needs to be called but I think sometimes certain refs forget that people come to watch the teams play and are not there to see them. Of course if we would have played a little better at times we would have won and you cant always blame the refs I know, but I just dont understand why this keeps happening.
Anyway, we play the same team again on Monday on national TV and hopefully we will be able to turn the tables and get a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment