Friday, December 11, 2009

1 up, 1 down

This past week we had two games. One on last Saturday and one on Wedensday. The game last Saturday wasn't good for two reasons. We ended up losing the game and gave up way more points than we usually give up. We tend to hold teams to a low amount of points a lot of the time and if we can get some offence going we will win. Well not the case on Saturday. We scored our fair share-90 some points-but the other team scored 105. Usually if we score in the 90 we will win but not this weekednd. The game was also a bummer for me as I sprained my ankle. I got subbed in on a free throw and when the guy missed the second of his two shots I jumped up and tried to grab the rebound. When I came down I came down on someones foot and got my ankle pretty good. Usually when it gets twisted it hurts for a little while then the pain goes away if I walk around on it, but on Saturday I couldnt put any weight on it and the pain didnt go away. I got a X-ray and an MRI done and luckily it was just a sprain. It does stink though having to sit out, but I know I want to make sure my ankle is somewhat better so I dont hurt it anymore.
This week we also played a road game in Braunschweig on Wednesday night. At stretches the game wasnt pretty but in the end we pulled it out. At the end of the game the other team was at the free throw line quite a few times and missed many free throws. Earlier in the year this is what happened to us when we lost game so it was nice to have the tables turned for once. I guess this is also the first road game Giessen has won in like 3 years, so it was a big win for us.
Now this weekend we play Ulm. One of the players who was on our team last week, Austin, is now playing for Ulm and so it should make for an interesting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment