Friday, May 3, 2013

Button Update

A little while back I wrote about one of the buttons on the deluxe toilets they have here (if you want to see the post again: Flushing Sound)

One of the buttons I mentioned was the flushing sound button. I still think this is sort of a funny button but today I got an update. The bathroom that I used this morning on the way to our game had a sign that told about the various buttons. in both Japanese and English. It didn't say too much but it did say that if you pushed the flushing sound button the sound would go on for 25 seconds.
 
Since I was in a thinking area I stopped and racked my brain for why the button would be 25 seconds long. The only thing my college educated mind could help me come up with was that maybe this is the average time a person spends on "the jon" - not sure why you would need the flushing sound going for your whole seated experience, but maybe its the cool thing to do.  As I got to thinking about this though I sort of felt left out. If this is the case I would need to push the button a lot - like more than 10 times a lot. It would be great if they had a 12 minute and 16 second button, or, maybe a dial you could select the amount of time you wanted and when you hit the button it would 'flush' for that long. This would be my kind of rest area - if this is the cool thing to do of course.
I did happen to hit the button though just to see what it was like when I had grabbed some t.p. to blow my nose one day...it sounded like someone took a hand-held mic recorded the sound and they put it on playback. It wasn't the best quality but it sounded alright. And, forget about fooling the other people, even though I only threw my Kleenex in there, I fooled myself and started walking away before I realized I hadn't really flushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment